So not every day is a good day. Some are downright pissy!! Today is one of those days.
Due to my job... I am constantly being pulled in 50 different directions. Normally I find this to be the ultimate challenge and the more balls in the air the happier I am. But some days, like today, all those balls fall down and every single one of them bonks me on the head!!
I was not myself today. I felt it when I woke up this morning. I was not in any large amount of pain... actually I was in a relatively low amount of pain. But I was exhausted... emotionally, physically and mentally.
I get to work and there is a job that needed to be checked... every single piece... all 500 of them!! And I did have help but I was resentful of doing it. And due to the changes I happily have put into action, I am doing a lot of training which means I am being asked questions almost constantly. On top of it all my boss is back after being away for a few days so I have to catch him up. I get caught up in my customers struggles, in all the work on my desk that needs to be done as well as supervising others to make sure they are doing okay and I just wanted to play ostrich and stick my head in the sand!! But as always I remained the little trooper and trudged along.
Then hubby comes to pick me up 15 minutes before his allotted time and I still had a ton of things I wanted to get done but he had football tonight so there is not time to wait!! So I growl and grumble at him all the way home. And guess what? It didn't make me feel any better.
But this is life isn't it? Not everyday is a good day. When you suffer from chronic pain, a normally pissy type of day like this can be the starting snowball to a big ole snowman sitting on your lap. So I have come home, we had left overs for dinner so I didn't have to think of cooking and I've pretty much been sitting with my feet up ever since.
It is starting to hail so even Mother Nature is having a bit of a day as well. I hope this isn't the onset of a bad spell, that would suck. My sister posted a good note on facebook today that pretty much sums up how I feel... "Sometimes when I say 'I'm Okay' I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight, and say 'I know you're not'."
yeah, I was feelin' that for you all day today sweets, but I think I did what you needed and stayed out of your hair... it feels like I made the right decision and I wish you sweet dreams and a restful night tonite... and as Scarlett said "After all... tomorrow is another day."
ReplyDelete