I talk to a lot of people in a week, a lot of people know what I'm going through but not everyone knows everything and things are wonky and a little scary right now. In light of keeping people educated, here is an update.
I believe everyone is aware of my car accident in October 2012. Well, my health has been progressively going downhill since then. Since January I have had two bladder infections a month apart and have had two major viruses that lasted at least three weeks each a month apart. I have now developed hypotension (extremely low blood pressure), chest palpitations and my heart is working too hard (my resting pulse is often over 85 beats per minute from a "normal" previous count of 70).
Two ECGs have come back "normal", my heart sounds fine and all my arteries are (doctor's words) "whooshing" fine but something is definitely wrong. My chest is constricted most times, I am lacking energy like crazy, I get dizzy pretty easy, am often short of breath and I just feel "wrong". I am getting chest x-rays next week to see if my heart is enlarged at all but things are really wonky right now; no one seems to have any answers and to be completely honest, I'm scared shitless!!
The doctors have removed me off ALL supplements and medications except my thyroid medicine to see if it was medicinally related; things kind of calmed down for a bit but it is getting bad again. The doctors have a couple of theories but nothing tangible to back them up. One is that between the car accident and illnesses I may have put my heart under some unusual strain that may or may not calm down on its own. Another theory is that with all the coughing I did with the viruses I may have caused some muscle damage or strain, again that may or may not calm itself down. There are no tangible test results that have them sending me to a cardio specialist yet (though I am getting pretty close to asking them just to send me). I must state now that the doctors are not overly concerned that my condition is life threatening!!
Right now I am being told to rest, try not to get overly stressed, drink lots of water and, believe it or not, intake more salt (too get the blood pressure up). My pain levels have been at a 6/10 or higher for well over a month so I am taking codeine when necessary and using my heating blanket like a maniac.
As you can well imagine, my energy reserves are majorly low. I am "uninvolving" myself from a lot of personal situations with friends and family. I am stepping back from my charitable work, housework is almost non-existent and I'm forcing myself to ignore the phone and just relax.
Fear is a major detriment. No matter how much I tell myself everything is going to be okay... it is very hard not to be scared. I really feel bad (worse than normal) and keeping a rosy outlook on things is a daily challenge. I apologize for bringing you all down with me... but I tell you this in hopes that it will help you understand some unusual changes in my attitude, mood and involvement. And there is always the chance someone else may be going through something similar and may have something positive to add, or may take something positive away with them from this post. As with everything I face in life, I will NOT go down without a fight! I am behaving myself and doing everything I'm told (maybe for the first time ever... LOL). I will keep everyone updated and let you know what, if anything, is discovered.
Thanks in advance for your well wishes and thoughts. I love you.

No comments:
Post a Comment